Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Improving

my piecing.  I have mentioned that piecing is not my favorite part of quilting.  However, if I'm going to do something I like to do it right.  I last showed the modern baby block quilt I'm working on, and how I decided to put on some kind of pieced border.

 
Wow, that's some bad piecing.  In fact, it's so darn wonky it almost looks intentional, though I assure you it was not.  While I was unwilling to start from scratch with another pile of strips going into squares going into half square pairs, sigh! I was determined to make the strip on the other side a little better.
 
 
I started off by squaring up those little blocks before going any further.  I have a perfectly good little ruler for the job, why not use it?
 
It seems crazy that trimming just this much (some more and some less) of these would make a big difference, but I kinda knew it would.
 
 
And, boy, didn't it!!
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment