Monday, May 5, 2014

magic method my- foot!



ha ha ha, I mean whoops.  Not only did I not realize that I never published this, it's possible that I never wrote it!!!!  I swear I thought I did.  I'm POSITIVE that I took pictures for it.

Blaming it on night shift.  Night shift is one area in my life that I could change and have immediate, long lasting, and dramatic benefits if I'd just go get a day or evening job.  However, I'd probably have to get out of bed.   And put on clothes AND makeup.  There's only a few nursing jobs out there that could really make me want to go to all that trouble.  But night shift sucks the life out of me.

Anyway, I was working on the sampler quilt, and trying out a flying geese "magic method".  It frustrated the heck out of me.  I was determined to get it right and be happy like all of the other commenters on the tutorial.  There was only one failure and her name creeped me out and I didn't want to be on her team.  So I repeated and repeated.  I kept ending up with a block smaller than it should be.  Now I'm wondering if blasting with steam and starch shrank that not preshrunk cotton up that much, and suspect it did.  THAT'S why for garment sewing, you always preshrink.  Seems to me that sewing quilts is much more work and should all be preshrunk too, though I know the majority is not for preshrinking.  But how the heck would you preshrink precuts like jelly rolls and charm packs?  You sure couldn't get them back into their pre-treated form.

So I actually came on blogger tonight to edit and post the next post, because this one was done months ago.  Sigh, night shift.  I'll see if I can dig out a photo or two before I go on.... No. No pics.  I did get Godzilla running better, though she'll never replace that 201-2!

No comments:

Post a Comment